The Financial Supervisor supervises the General Accounting and Tax section, he/she analyzes the financial statements to ensure accuracy and compliance with generally accepted accounting practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the General Accounting and Tax Section
- Analyzing financial statements to ensure accuracy and compliance with generally accepted accounting practices.
- Identifying potential cash flow problems.
- Accurately preparing tax returns and ensuring that the company taxes are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that the company maintains compliance with accounting legislation.
- Ensure prepared disbursements vouchers are done accurately by reviewing the contracts and three way matching process are observe.
- Responsible for performing all functions related to preparation of accounts reconciliations and compare general ledger account balances to underlying source/transaction systems, sub-ledger or other source of documentation and the identification of reconciling differences.
- Monitor the PPE Lapsing of the company.
- Ensure that reconciliation contains accurate and relevant support for the balances being reconciled including proposed resolution.
- Proactively assess reconciling issues to determine if they are a result of control deficiencies.
- Contribute and actively participate in internal and external audit including tax audit. Execute follow-up action items and internal control recommendations.
- Participate in projects relating to finance system, policies and cross functional concerns and recommend changes in policy as needed.
- Monitor the prepayments and accruals accounting process and reconciliations.
- Responsible in month end and year end closing process with the supervision of Finance Manager.
- Oversee the work of Junior staff especially during Work from Home Set Up.
- Establish and maintain harmonious and effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Other task that may be assigned from time to time.
Basic Requirements / Qualifications
- Accountancy or Finance related university degree (Master or Bachelor).
- Preferably a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Ability to work and lead a team.
- Experienced Finance Professional wishing to take the next step up. Three (3) or more years’ finance and accounting experience, ideally with years in working within the same industry and commercial/industry out of practice.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in handling External Audit.
- Reliable, with Self Initiative, can work with minimum Supervision and ability to communicate with other sections and Department.
- Superior Time Management Skills, Organization and result oriented
- Knowledgeable in English in both written and oral communication.
- In-depth knowledge in Accounting and Taxation.
- High level proficiency in using Microsoft Office Software with focus on Excel, other business management and other accounting software (ERP).