The Finance Associate Manager is a member of the Management Team to contribute in the financial decision-making and to lead the tactical and operational matters of Finance Group
Basic Requirements/ Qualifications
- Preferably a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or an Experienced Finance Professional wishing to take the next step up. Ten (10) or more years’ finance and accounting experience, ideally with years in working within the same industry and commercial/industry out of practice.
- Finance or business-related university degree (Master or Bachelor).
- A recognized accountancy qualification and member of good standing is an advantage.
- Experience in dealing with financial compliance matters and funds management is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in managing, coaching and building quality finance team.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Assist the CFO/Controller with financing activities whether for non-recourse debt financing of capex/new projects, refinancing or equity co-investment
- Ensure that the Company compile robust annual business plan (budget) and deliver to strict deadlines. Ensure all risks and opportunities are clearly included and communicated. Design, implement, manage and control a quarterly forecast process to include all business units (groups).
- Optimize cashflow management and ensure robust cash forecasts are in place to manage operating cash flow and to ensure lender requirements are met.
- Manage the finance team to ensure that the financial records are appropriately maintained in accordance with Philippine and/or International Financial Reporting Standards and ensure all appropriate controls and procedures are in place.
- Oversee and manage the Annual Financial Audit process, work towards reducing cost and build relationship with key Audit stakeholders. Manage all other financial audit requirements.
- Ensure that consistent accounting practices and policies are implemented. This will involve creating, amending and updating accounting policies.
- This role will be the key contact for all Tax related matters and will work closely with the CFO/Controller in resolving Tax Audit issues.
- Responsible for the management of monthly close process to strict deadlines, this will include distribution of monthly financial reporting package with detailed commentary.
- Assist with potential due diligence work on prospective acquisition targets and new investments. Ensure date is fed back appropriately to the management to ensure financial models are updated with robust data. It is possible that this role could act as interim finance in-charge for any potential acquisitions.
- Responsible for managing, developing and mentoring the finance team. This will include selection and training of relevant staff, establish lines of control and delegate responsibilities to subordinates. It is imperative that the functional team are adequately resourced and skilled to support growing business.